If you haven’t yet discovered Jim Peters Blog Peters’ Principles you should. Jim is an outstanding writer and the blog is a great read.
His latest entry is titled – My Friend and it highlights State Rep. Rady Mom.
While numerous people have shared with me their concern about Rady’s responsiveness or what he has accomplished, Jim spells things out clearly that in his view, Rady is both responsive and accomplished.
Here is just a piece of Jim’s Post dealing with Rady’s accomplishment, go to his blog to read the whole article and bookmark the site.
This is a list of what he has helped accomplish.
* He worked with the Lowell Delegation to get 4.7 Million dollars for the initial phase of the Hamilton Canal Project.
* He worked with the Delegation to get the funds for the new Court House. That is approximately 200 Million dollars.
* He got the money to revamp Cupples Square. While his team of the three State Representatives helped him, this was largely because of his close relationship with the Republican Governor. He got 1.7 million and the Square will never be the same.
* He cosigned an amendment to the budget protecting the Massachusetts Cultural Council and Youth Build. These are two programs that directly support arts funding in Lowell, as well as youth diversion and skill development projects.
* He authored a bill making the law that says that when you shoot into a building you are guilty of a misdemeanor, not a felony. He wants it to be a felony. If someone shot into my home, I would like to have that a felony.
* He worked for Police Training, Early Childhood Education, and other youth programs.
* He fought to protect what are called Shannon Grant funds which is a program that directly funds gang crime reduction and prevention programs for Opiate usage.
* He went to the Japanese and Taiwanese Consulates to make them more conscious of Lowell. He is hoping for closer ties to those two governments which will hopefully lead to closer business opportunities for Lowell businesses with these countries.
* He increased his influence to get the Hamilton Canal project started. That one is still being worked on.