The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
It is time to shorten students time on a bus while saving money, time to stabilize the administration and time to provide our students and staff with professionals who can quickly address heating and plumbing issues. It is time to restore some form of Library time / instruction in our Elementary and Middle Schools. We should also be included and updated about the status of the Election Lawsuit since the School Committee are named defendants.
My motions for this weeks School Committee meeting!
[By Gerard Nutter And Connie Martin]: Requesting that the Committee enter into Executive Session for the purposes of discussing the Committee’s contracts with both the Acting Superintendent of Schools and the Interim Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations.
2) School Committee vote to change the district to a 3 Zone Transportation / Placement system effective for the 2019/2020 School Year and begin notifying all stakeholders. (saving approximately $600,000 – $800,000)
3) Request the Mayor have the City Solicitor schedule an Executive Session to update the School Committee on Election Lawsuit Status. 4 Individual members are named, so is the entire body called School Committee yet the City Lawyer and City Council have excluded these named people and the entire School Committee from the legal process.
4) School Committee vote to direct Supt to NOT fund Adult Education as part of the School Budget for the 2019/2020 School Year. In addition to the est. $650,000 in salaries not credited toward NET School Spending and not required by law, the district is charged another $27K for Parking against NET School Spending. (City Council/ Manager can fund this as a separate Line Item potentially saving the school district another $650,000)
5) School Committee direct Superintendent to add 3 plumbers and 2 HVAC Tech for the district in the 2019/2020 budget.
6) School Committee vote to keep and fully fund General / Labor Counsel position in 2019/2020 budget and schedule an Executive Session on a quarterly basis for regular updates on all legal matters.
7) School Committee request 2019/2020 budget include some form of rotating Library Aides in our Elementary/Middle Schools and restore a Producer role for Television Studio and direct program to include training on new Van.
8) School Committee request Superintendent to bring forward a budget presentation and meeting schedule for the 2019/2020 school year.